A note on their costumes, constructed from stash materials. I used the age-old "pattern" for a T-garment for both the angel robe and the shepherd's robe. All that meant was folding the fabric longways, laying the boy down on it with his arms held out, and measuring for his height and arm length. Then I folded twice the needed length in half crossways so I had four layers, cut a hole for the head, and in Christopher's case, cut open the front. I used selvages where possible and hemmed the rest. I made 6-inch hems so that the boys can wear their robes for a few more years. Some belts, two ties to close Christopher's robe and a headdress for him and we were done...Noah's wings and halo were courtesy the church.
|Noah tests his halo.|
|All shepherds, and one little angel who wants to be |
next to his brother, line up for the