The Huntley Film Archives has quite a large collection of film clips featuring fashions from the Gay Nineties, Edwardian, teens and twenties. They have put some of the better ones together into a single film titled "Fashions 1895-1920".
Photo: Clip showing early teens ensembles. Look at the lady with the tied-back skirt! Lovely, but probably hard to wear.
Among the clips:
- People on their way to and from events.
- Small groups of women who appear to be showing off Titanic-era ensembles.
- Mincing along in hobble skirts! My goodness, did they take small steps!
- Hairstyle fashions, with the models turning around for the camera.
- Silent-screen stars.
- Twenties beauty contests.
- Clips from silent films.
And now, the film: